In this section we provide answers to the most commonly asked questions about Arogium. We hope you enjoy the information and share it with others. If you do not find what you are looking for, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
Q: How does arogium™ compare to other exercise disciplines?
A: The primary difference between arogium™ and any existing exercise discipline is the use of another human to provide dynamic resistance. Using my own body’s resistance, I provide several advantages to other types of resistance methods alone (i.e. weights, machines, bands, self).
Unlimited Choice of Movements - I provide muscular resistance within any type of movement of which the body and joints are capable.
- I can specify your range of motion for every single joint to maximize effectiveness while preventing injury from overextending.
- The use of unlimited movement and range of motion options provides for greater customization which leads to accelerated results.
Variable Resistance - I adjust the resistance so the targeted muscles work equally throughout an exercise. This results in the appropriate fatigue that will allow for positive adaptive changes.
- For example, I increase resistance during the eccentric portion(as tension is increased the muscle length is extended) of an exercise where your muscles are capable of handling approximately 40% more resistance than during the concentric portion(as muscle tension increases to meet resistance, it then stays stable as the muscle shortens).
- I also reduce resistance at sticking points in an exercise caused by lack of leverage where you would normally finish before reaching the appropriate fatigue of the targeted muscles.
This ability to apply various levels of resistance throughout various ranges of motion helps efficiently create lean, balanced muscle tone.
Human interaction – arogium™ requires a level of coordination and focus between you and me while performing the exercise. I provide resistance to create a balance between contraction and control within a movement.
This interaction allows for improvements in neuromuscular execution: the quickness, accuracy, and efficiency with which muscles execute what the mind tells them to do.
arogium™ movements can be precise and technical, but with my guidance, you correct and control your form, giving you optimal benefits with fewer repetitions.
Q: How is Arogium customized for the individual?
A: Every individual has different wants, needs, likes, dislikes, activities, and learning styles.I create a customized workout program for you based on answers to a comprehensive questionnaire and private evaluation.
Wants - desired results from arogium™:
- Look better for my spouse.
- More energy for the family after work.
- Increase muscle definition (flatter abdominals, tighter glutes, firmer chest and toned arms, etc.).
- Improved athletic performance.
- Preparation for big life events(weddings, reunions, vacations).
- Want to take back control of my health.
Needs - necessary results from arogium™:
- Lose a specific amount of fat.
- Reduce muscular tension and stress.
- Stop the mind from racing.
- Ease chronic pain conditions.
- Strengthen lower back and neck muscles.
- Increase hamstring flexibility.
- Improve athletic performance.
I also address needs that a client might not be aware of based on observation during session(hip alignment, postural alignment, etc.).
Likes and Dislikes -based on previous experience with different types of physical and mental disciplines:
- Specific types of exercises.
- Level of physical effort and mental focus required.
- The measure of progress assessments.
- Ambiance (types of music, lighting, aromas, etc.).
Learning Style - I evaluate your learning style and movement to create a customized workout plan that is result based and fun.
Occupation and Activities - arogium™ prepares you for any occupation or activity that integrates the mind and the body.
- Increased performance
- Mental toughness
- Clearer thinking
- Improved dexterity
- Become more alert
- Actively Engaged
- Evolve into a live human being
The key to success in any activity is consistency. We find that people are more likely to be consistent in an activity if they enjoy the experience. Over the course of the program, I refine your session based on your feedback and my direct observation.
Q: What are the benefits of arogium™?
- arogium™ offers greater overall health and wellness.
- You are my primary focus. From the moment you walk in the door, I begin the process of assessing specific areas of growth you might need to work on, whether it be posture, focus, or strength.
- The effectiveness and efficiency of the Arogium exercise therapist-based resistance training, along with the custom-tailored one-on-one instruction reduces the time required to help you reach your wellness goals.
Q: For whom is arogium™ suited?
- Chronic pain sufferers
- Athletic or non-athletic
- Busy professionals who need to take a quick, efficient workout
Q: How is an arogium™ session organized?
Your session is based on exercises or movements reflecting your specific wants, needs, and goals.
Some exercises target identified areas for improvement while others work the overall body for increased neuromuscular strength, endurance, recovery, execution, balance, and flexibility.
You perform each movement until the appropriate muscle fatigue creates positive adaptive changes. I then record the type of exercise, the order of exercises, and the muscular contraction time.
Accuracy in record keeping is an important aspect of assessing and tracking your progress. Keeping track of muscular contraction repetitions is not as accurate as keeping track of muscular contraction time.
- You complete 8 repetitions of an exercise, the same 8 reps timed yields a muscular contraction time of one minute & 30 seconds.
- A week later, on the same exercise, you complete 12 repetitions of the exercise, the same 12 reps timed yields a muscular contraction time of one minute & 15 seconds.
- You did more work at 8 reps than at 12 reps but we would not have known unless we had timed the length of muscular contraction
The emphasis in arogium™ is smooth control, beginning and ending with controlled intensity while maintaining form. The client prepares for movement on each exercise with natural deep breathing, identifying and neurologically feeling the muscle she will be working and visualizing perfect form.
The ideal form in arogium™ consists of:
- a focused mind.
- slow (varying speeds depending on the range of motion).
- smooth movement of the contracted working muscles.
- and an otherwise relaxed body.
The exercise should appear the same from beginning to end.
Performing the exercise in perfect form optimizes safety and reduces the time required for the muscle to fatigue which decreases workout time. The mental focus and stimulation train you to think sharper and help you make better decisions day to day.
- Breathing - use measured and deliberate breaths (nasal or open mouth, slackened jaw, full lung breathing, no noises or faces), to simulate parasympathetic breathing patterns. Make breathing voluntary (as opposed to autonomic).
- State - prepare your mind for exercise using mind puzzles/meditation.
- Movement - fluid, legato (not staccato), uniform, focused on the origin of contraction as opposed to the indirect motion, changes in direction (velocity). This should feel imperceptible yet immediate. Make movement autonomic and voluntary.
- Finish - through muscular equilibrium, your balance, harmony, and muscular movement become stasis with grace while continuing to contract in stasis and then relax under control.
Q: What is arogium Revīv™?
arogium Revīv™ requires the individual to have continuous mental focus and coordination with controlled physical exertion.
arogium Revīv™ is designed to:
- increase tonus
- Increase energy
- Increase flexibility
- Increase mobility
- Decrease stress
- Decrease fatigue
- Alleviate soreness
- Decrease lethargy
arogium Revīv™ allows for present and active relaxation which leads to a calm yet focused mind while controlling movement. Clients feel as if they are in an active state of sleep, like a custom-tailored exercise massage with a spa vibe.
Q: What do I wear?
arogium™ clients wear:
- Your outfit of the day(dresses, slacks, suit) or clothing that is comfortable.
- Exercise apparel.
- No sneakers are needed.
arogium™ sessions are designed so that there is virtually no perspiration. You can immediately go back to your day feeling energized and productive.
Q: What is the time frame for a session?
arogium™ is a clean design that takes full advantage of time and movement. A client can exercise in their outfit for the day and immediately go back to their day feeling productive and energized.
Clients practice arogium™ on average twice a week. Sessions run 30-60 minutes.
Q: How do I get started?
To get started, click on the button below to schedule your consultation.